Meadow and Forest Habitat Conservation
FoHVOS can provide guidance and support to homeowners and property managers for meadow and forest habitat conservation. Habitat can be created in very small areas in your backyard as well as large expanses of land.
- Converting lawn or field to wildflower meadows. Smaller patches can be created by FoHVOS staff and volunteers.
- Sourcing and selecting wholesale plants, regardless of project size
- Working with a certified forester committed to ecological forestry practices
- Supporting reforestation
- Seeking grant funding for private landowners and finding contractors for large-scale projects
- Guiding invasive species management
- Establishing an effective deer management program
After this PLSP household stopped mowing their lawn, native ladies tresses orchids appeared.
RESOURCES FOR MEADOW & FOREST HABITAT CONSERVATION
Funding Conservation Projects
Forests and Forestry